Summer is officially here and it is the perfect time to take your workout outdoors. It is one of my favorite times of year, I love enjoying the outdoors and optimizing my time in the sun when I can. Here are some summer time tips to beat the heat when you are outdoors.
Time of Day
Schedule your outdoor workouts either in the morning or late evening. This will help you to avoid the intensity of the afternoon heat. Generally from 10am to 3pm is going to be the hottest part of the day.
Wear Loose Clothing
Light-colored clothing will help reflect the heat and having loose clothing will allow your body to sweat and help it evaporate
Drink lots of water before, during and after any physical activity. If you notice that you are feeling light-headed or a bit of nausea, this is a key sign of dehydration. Additionally. it is important to replenish your electrolytes as while you are exercising you sweat out.
Protect your skin when you are outdoors, even when it is cloudy the sun can still damage your skin. I typically use an SPF of 45 on my face and SPF 30 on my body, try to find a water resistant brand so you don’t have to worry about sweating it off.
One of my favorite things for my summer workouts and outdoor activities has been the Instant Cooling Towel. It’s great for in the garden, at the sports field and by the pool. Simply wet, wring and wrap around your neck for an instant cooling sensation.
Instant Cooling Towel
- Take it every day to gym to keep yourself cool after the workouts
- Use for any outdoor sport activities where you need to keep your body cool
- Use it as Scarf, Bandana, Neck Wrap or Body Wrap
- Perfect for Athletes, Therapies, Heat Stroke Prevention, Sunscreen Protection etc.
- Widely used for keeping yourself cool while cooking at home or in the commercial kitchens